With a detailed knowledge of language and over 12 years’ experience writing in plain English, I can edit and proofread your documents so that they are as clear as possible for your intended audience.
Don’t worry. I won’t change the meaning or ‘dumb down’ your messages.
With a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, I will simply polish them so they are concise, consistent and understandable to your reader.
I can edit your document electronically in Microsoft Word and highlight my suggestions using the track changes function. Or I can provide a paper copy showing my handwritten amendments.
- edit language and tone so your meaning is clear
- write headings, introductions to articles, and any other text needed to link your document together
- present information consistently
- explain jargon and technical terms
- cut out waffle and replace pompous words, and
- standardise grammar, spelling and punctuation.
I can normally complete a first edit within five working days, depending on how long or complex it is. If you want a faster turnaround, there may be an extra charge.
I can work with your existing house style (if you have one), or help you to develop a fresh one.
I will proofread your document in two stages.
- Overview editing – including clarity of messages, introduction, titles and flow of paragraphs
- Detailed editing – including errors in spelling, word use, grammar and punctuation
I can normally complete a first proof within five working days, depending on how long or complex it is. If you want a faster turnaround, there may be an extra charge.
I can also come to your place of work and spend a day looking at your individual documents. This way, we can discuss my editing and I can explain any particular changes.